It seems that Apple has been busy updating software lately, this week it released updates for OSX Lion and for Apple TV. Both of these are minor updates but are recommended for all users.
The OSX update, version 10.7.4, brings a number of fixes for security, stability and compatibility, including addressing the FileVault security issue. It also resolves an issue where the “Reopen windows when logging back in” setting is always enabled. This will likely be the last update to the Lion OS given that Mountain Lion is set to be released within the next month or so.
For those of you with 2nd and 3rd generation Apple TV’s you should head on over to the “Update Software” button for the latest and greatest from the folks at Cupertino. According to the support page, Apple TV 5.0.1 brings a number of minor upgrades including:
- HD previews of movies and TV shows in the iTunes store
- fixes to AirPlay’s connectivity to some apps
- improvements to the reliability of Home Sharing
- addressing issues with Netflix logon and navigation
- fixes for a number of other stability and performance issues
If you want to update your setop box’s OS, go to Settings, General and Update Software.