Samsung Canada announced that their new flagship phone, the Galaxy S 4, will be available on most major carriers in Canada in Q2. They offered no specific dates but Q2 availability is expected to mean mid-May.
For those of you who missed the New York City event, below is a breakdown of features on the new super phone:
- 5 inch, 1080 p, 441 ppi super AMOLED display
- 1.9 GHz quad core (or 8 core depending on region) Snapdragon CPU
- Android OS version 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 13 MP rear camera, 2 MP front camera
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB storage size options
- 2600 mAh battery
As was the case for its predecessor, the S III, the new model is built in plastic to make it lighter. At least initially it will be available in black or white but is expected to ship in other colors later.